The XL750 LED grow light from Kind LED is one of two revolutionary lights from their new K5 series (2014). The K5 XL750 covers a 3' x 3' (Flower) or 4' x 4' (Veg) area and replaces a 750 watt HPS setup, while only drawing 430 watts. The K5 series features a customizable spectrum, 8 light stages, and built in timing for full control over your valuable grow.
K5 XL750 and XL1000 Grow Light Overview
Why is the K5 XL750 the best LED grow light on the market?
- The perfect mix of 3 watt and 5 watt diodes create the ideal amount of light for your plants. The ‘sweet spot’ efficiency of 3 watt LED chips, mixed with the harvest boosting power of 5 watt LED chips.
- Fully customizable spectrum allows you to not only adjust the spectrum to match vegetative and flowering stages of their plants, but also allows for specific spectrum control for nearly any type of plant genus in applications such as greenhouse growing and in agriculture operations where crop rotation is common.
- 8 stage ‘mother earth’ function allows you to mimic the great outdoors like never before seen in indoor growing, slowly waking your plants up in the morning and seeing them to bed every night. 8 separately set stages allow for light to gently turn on in the ‘morning’ (sunrise), intensify into full power (full day sun), then gently off in the ‘evening’ (sunset). Each of these stages can be set to the user’s desired duration and desired spectrum intensities.
- Internal timing function of the K5 series lights allows for more streamline setups where the user can to do away with separate analog or digital timers that can be bulky and extremely unreliable. Now, all light cycles are programmed and changed from a convenient remote.
- Remote Control: How do most LED companies think people are able to flip an analog switch or knob to control spectrum or switch between modes on their lights when they are in the middle of a grow and their light(s) are hanging above a huge canopy of delicate plants!! Kind LED grow lights are fully controlled from a convenient handheld remote. Control 1 or 100 simultaneously from one small device.
- Extra large footprint solves one of the main problems that LED lights have faced in the past. Because of historically small footprints, due to small circuit board construction, LED lights have always failed to deliver the finished harvest weights promised in comparison to their said HPS counterparts. Truly lit square footage of canopy space is a very crucial component to overall harvest weight. Now, with true footprint replacements for 750 and 1000 HPS, harvest weights are true to spec.
- True to spec harvest expectations. Kind LED has found, through extensive testing and research, that a 30-40% savings in electricity is what you can expect from these lights. Kind LED’s 1000 watt equivalent light draws about 650 watts or about 60% of what a 1000 watt HPS would typically pull. But that’s just the light!! Add up all the other savings in equipment needed for heat management in a traditional HPS room, and the energy savings are remarkable.
- PWM (Pulse Width Modulation) dimming. Some lights use archaic methods of dimming that only lessen the brightness of the light being emitted while still pull the same amount of energy out of the wall. PWM dimming allows the light to only consume as much power as it needs to drive the diodes at their set level of brightness.
- Easy to carry, easy to hang, durable construction.
- Kind to you. Kind to your plants. Kind to the environment.
Kind LED K5 Series Distance from Plants
Suggested Light settings
- Seedlings: 15% for the red spectrum and 30 % for the blues and whites.
- Clones: reds to 25% and the blues and whites to 45%.
- Vegetative growth:
- Set at either 30% for reds and 60% for blues and whites
- For less hearty plants: 45% reds and 80% blue and white
- For more tolerant and hardy plants: 60% red and 100% blue and white
- Flowering: 100% across all three spectrums until the final stages of flower. At this point, you can drop the blues to 70% to let your plants mature and finish ripening.
Kind LED grow lights and HPS electricity usage comparison
***Ships from California in discrete packaging***
***We have Kind LEDs for sale in Europe. Please contact us for a shipping quote.***
Model/SKU: K5 XL750/kindxl750
Power output: 430 watts
HID equivalent: 750 watts
LEDs: 208 x 3 watt and 5 watt LEDs; 50,000 hour lifespan
Spectrum: Multiple; 12 band spectrum; for vegetative growth and flowering
Lens angle: Secondary 60 degree optical lens (magnifies PAR and increases canopy penetration by 200%)
- Veg: 9 sq ft (36' x 36'')
- Flower: 16 sq ft (48'' x 48'')
Thermal management: 4 x internal cooling fans; Thick, heavy-duty, 2cm aluminum heatsinks
Daisy chain: No
Dimensions: 23.0”x 17.0”x 3.5”
Operating temperature: Avoid extreme ambient heat
Operating/input voltage: 100v-240v AC; 3.58A
Product weight: 20.0 lbs
Additional details: UL standard output voltage; Less than 76v DC; Discreet shipping; Can operate efficiently in 99% humidity
Product includes: Power supply; Hangers
Recommended for: Full-cycle growing from seedling to flower
Manufacturer's Warranty: 3 years
PAR comparison: K5 XL1000 vs Other LEDs and HPS
K5 XL750 and XL1000 Remote control operation